This site is for junior, collegiate, and professional athletes who want to gain The Mental Edge to outperform the competition.
By going thru the Elite Performance Mental Conditioning Program, athletes learn and apply key mental skills to consistently perform to the upper ranges of their talent and abilities, especially in pressure situations. These mental performance skills include:
Congrats to Makenna Hammer after her 2nd place finish (out of 47 girls) at the 1A/2A Eastern Regionals. Makenna has considerable shotmaking skills and now that her mental game is high level she is able to “let out” that talent and ability! Makenna intends to play college golf at Methodist next year.
I have received lots of “congratulations” following the Orioles win last night to clinch the American League East. However, the credit goes to General Manager Dan Duquette, O’s Manager Buck Showalter, and of course, the players! Hopefully, the Orioles will finish strong to close out the year and take all that momentum into the ALDS.
I am pleased to announce the following:
- Alex Smalley is now #4 in NC and has verbally committed to play for Duke University!
- James Mishoe is up 1 spot to #11. James will play for UNC Greensboro next year!
- Mark Johnston continues to take his game to the next level. Up 19 spots to #34!
- Jennings Milholen is up 3 spots to #82
- Cooper Daniel jumps 31 spots to #137
- Zander McCall is up 25 spots to #153
- Max Busser is having a great summer and is now #154 - up 42 spots!
- Zack Freeman won his first tournament and is now #220 - up 54 spots!
- Ronnie Uszenski makes the biggest leap. He is #246 - up 99 spots!
- Evan Crook is doing great as well. He jumps 63 spots to #257
- Alex Parker is now ranked! He’s in at #261
- William Crook is applying his Mental Conditioning Plan - up 91 spots to #383
- Makenna Hammer jumps 16 spots to #59 in the Girls NC Rankings
*Congrats to Alex, James, Mark, Jennings, Cooper, Zander, Max, Zack, Ronnie, Evan, Alex Parker, William, and Makenna. Great job!
Congratulations to Alex Smalley who has verbally committed to Duke University! Recently, Alex (ranked #6 in NC) fired an 11-under 64-69 for 2nd place at Joe Cheves and will be playing in the prestigious Bobby Chapman Invitational in Spartanburg, SC on Sept 19-21.
“I couldn’t be more proud of Alex. He did everything I asked of him, worked his tail off to improve his mental game, and now he has achieved his goal. In college he will be playing ACC golf in front of family and friends for one of the best programs in the country!“
I am pleased to announce the signing of Brad Miller, a pro who plays PGA Tour Canada! I recently worked with Brad in Towson, Maryland and he is now back in Canada for the final 4 events of the season. I will loop back with Brad when he is in Pinehurst, NC preparing for Qualifying School.
Brad fired a 64 last season to qualify for a web.com tour event and together we will take his mental game and overall game to the next level!
I am pleased to announce that Victoria Dozier will play at NC State in 2016! She is a part of a small percentage of players to commit at the end of her sophomore year. Victoria plays for Triangle Volleyball Club and is a rising junior at Cardinal Gibbons HS.
Alex is 1 of 4 Carolinians to advance to the US Junior Amateur Championship in Houston! Alex fired a 68-70 at the Sectional Qualifier at Prestonwood CC in Cary to earn a spot in the field. Recently, Alex won the NC Junior Championship so he is on major roll!